As you see above – I’m not bored anymore. I love the color blue because it’s calming and looks fabulous in so many shades. I prefer a throw size blanket because it’s easier for travel and I prefer woven blankets because they’re cozier. Deciding which blanket at NIGHT:SHIFT Goods was still hard because they have so many that fit my preferences.
In the end Osmosis won my heart. Having just gotten out of biology, I remember that osmosis is all about bringing concentrations into balance. I think that’s fitting because my blanket should keep me balanced.
Why do I think a blanket will keep me balanced? Linus from Peanuts had a blanket and it helped him through life. The Great Pumpkin didn’t show up – the blanket stayed with him, never mocking always comforting.
There’s even a charity – Project Linus – that
Provides love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need
by giving them a blanket. As part of Random Acts of Kindness Week I encourage you to check out Project Linus they’ve given over 6 million blankets since 1995.
Plus when you’re blanket looks as incredible as Osmosis, why leave it at home? Take your blanket with you. It can be a cold & lonely world. Don’t face it alone take your blanket with you.
You may have to get out of bed, you don’t have to go alone – skatingfashionista
I will be updating this post with pictures from my blanket adventures. Going into this, here’s what I think my blanket will help me with:
- Cape – be your own superhero.
- You need a hug. Blankets are made to hug.
- Hide. If you’re under your blanket they won’t see you.
- It’s cold outside.
- Block out the haters. If you cover your ears with your blanket, you won’t even hear the gossip. They just jealous anyway & sad because no one buys a bully a blanket.
- Yoga – be different strike a pose on your blanket.
- Build a fort.
- Protection during scary movies.
- Time out – so much easier to just take a nap if you have your blanket with you.
- Avoiding the school dress enforcer. (Really couldn’t our tax dollars be better spent than having someone play fashion police. Crop tops & tank tops like skateboarding are not a crime!)
Keep checking back for updates & if you have blanket adventures to share just email or DM the world always needs more stories to smile about.