In prior posts, I wrote about the Princess Project. This post is about the San Diego Chapter where my dress is headed.
The Princess Project promotes self-confidence and individual beauty by providing free prom dresses and accessories to high school girls who cannot otherwise afford them.
Jennifer, PR & Media Chair, who’s been a part of Princess Project San Diego since it’s beginning in 2009 & Karen, the Chair, shared the following with me.
- This is San Diego’s 9th season of collecting & giving dresses!
2. To date they have given over 6,000 dresses away.
3. Their target for this year is to collect 2,000 more dresses.
4. There are over 35 locations in San Diego collecting dresses.
5. They have an upcoming fundraiser: Time Wrap 80’s Prom that will be hosted by Jodi Kodesh from NBC with DJ JoeMamma spinning, and a king and queen of the prom competition!
6. San Diego Princess Project Spring Dress Giveaways will be at Horton Plaza this year between April 8th & April 23rd.
Plus there will be satellite Dress Giveaway sites at the El Cajon, S. Chula Vista, and Vista County Libraries. Appointments for teens to come get a dress will be posted at the beginning of March.
7. The car below hauled over 460 dresses donated from Christina’s Fashions and D’Original dress shops in Chula Vista.
8. Volunteers make all this happen! Below is the link to San Diego opportunities.
10. NBC 7 is also collecting dresses!
I’ll be honest giving my dress away will be hard. I love it – it’s a MacDuggal
and the most beautiful dress I’ve ever had. However, we’ve had our memories and now it’s time for the dress to bring joy to someone else.
All girls who want to be are Princesses.
I’ll be joining the crew at Horton Plaza on March 11th – if you have a dress to donate or some time let me know!